img_0584.jpgProperty Description: 1,100s.f. building in Darwin, California - used as a Post Office and a Community Room.

Environmental Issues Identified:  There were concerns of potential contamination from asbestos and lead, after an electrical fire damaged walls and ceilings in a community room.

Services Provided: Ellis conducted lead, asbestos and mold sampling, and assessed the condition of all suspect materials in the building after the fire.

Summary: Lead and asbestos was found to be present in the building. No mold growth was detected at the time of the inspection that was conducted shortly after the fire.  However, the risk of potential mold growth remained since interior walls had been soaked during fire suppression efforts.  Ellis provided guidance on remediation of the site.