Ellis offers surface and air SARS-CoV-2 (coronavirus) testing
SERVICES OFFERED. Ellis offers SARS-CoV-2 (coronavirus) testing by way of:
- Indoor air testing using a low flow sampling pump with PTFE filters (37 mm cassette)
- Surface testing at common horizontal touch points using “PurBlu” specialty swabs.
SARS-CoV-2 transmission can occur by an infected individual’s droplets (> 5um in diameter, travel up to 1 meter) or by droplet nuclei (<5 um in diameter, travel greater than 1 meter).
Droplets (>5um) can occur by coughing, sneezing or talking (close contact-settle quickly).
Aerosol (<5um) can occur by breathing, talking, sneezing (stay in air longer – travel further).
Common means of transmission of SARS-CoV-2 are in enclosed spaces, prolonged exposure and in places of inadequate ventilation.
Air testing for (SARS-CoV-2)
- Using a low flow sampling pump with PTFE filters (37 mm cassette)
- Flow rate of 3-5 LPM to achieve >1,000 liters (3-4K preferred)
- Turnaround time 2-day standard/24-hr rush
- Samples are analyzed by Method RT-qPCR
- Samples are shipped to certified labs in Los Angeles and New Jersey.